Monday, June 10, 2013

My Version of a Famous Mouse

 
I happen to have quite a bit of ultrasuede on hand in dozens of colors and thicknesses so I thought it would be the perfect medium to build an antique doll of a famous mouse that we all know and love.  It took me many many many tries before I got this right.  This mouse is completely hand sewn with nylon invisible thread.  The black eyes and buttons are gently glued on.  Ultrasuede is very forgiving and stretches well.  The tail on this mouse is made from a black leather cord.  There is wire in his arms and legs.  His head is joined onto his body so that his head can turn around 360 degrees.  I can't remember how tall he stands but I think he's a little over 3 inches tall.  Possibly 4 inches tall.  It was fun to make him even if it took me three times as long to put this fellow together as it does for me to sew a little furry bear. 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment