Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bruins With Crocheted Hats

 
Tatting thread is perfect for crocheting little scarf hats for my miniature bears.  The crochet needle has to be miniscule, and it took me more than a few tries to get it just right, but the finished product was well worth it. Each of these teddy bears stands at 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 inches tall.  I crocheted the hat to be especially long so that it would wrap around the neck of the bear.  I've added a silver-tone bell to the end of the hat, and I've used a delicate light pink mohair thread to the base of the hat that goes well with the shade of pink in the tatting thread.  I lightly stitched the hat to the bear's head over one of his ears.  The ear gives the hat some added support. 
 
You can see more of my bears with hats here and here in former posts on this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment